Apply for Residence
(1) Submit your application:
- APPLY ONLINE! Use our convenient online application form
- APPLY by Fax or Mail with our printable application form
Fax applications to: 1-204-727-4713
Mail applications to: Residence Office 270 18th Street Brandon, MB R7A 6A9
NOTE: A $50.00* residence application fee is required along with your application to process your room assignment. The application fee is not refundable, and is not applied to your residence account.
(2) Pay your application fee online; forward your cheque or money order by mail or call the Residence Office at 204 727-7394/9761 to arrange for credit card payment of the application fee.
(3) When room assignments are completed, a residence package containing your room assignment & residence agreement forms and other pertinent information will be sent by mail or email. Contact us by email or phone if you have any questions.
(4) After reading the residence package information and agreeing to accept the room assignment, you simply return the signed room assignment and rental agreement forms with your $350* non-refundable & non-transferrable room deposit to secure your room. Please submit signed forms and deposit by deadline date to avoid cancellation.
(5) Show up during check-in week: we’ll be ready for you!
*fees subject to change
Residence Living Choices
|Choose your Hall||Choose your “specialty floor”||Based upon average noise levels|
|Flora Cowan Hall||Women||Academic Floor:||always very quiet, for extra studious residents|
|Darrach Hall||Men||Quiet Floor:||very quiet between 10:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m.|
|McMaster Hall||Co-Ed||Regular Activity Floor:||acceptable noise level is that which doesn’t bother neighbors|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an application deadline?
Applications are accepted any time of the year, and there is no “application deadline”, though prospective residents are encouraged to apply as soon as possible so that their room assignment reflects their preferences. If you do not have a residence application form, please write, email, or call the Residence Office for your copy.
Who do I make my cheque payable to? Cheques can be made payable to Brandon University.
What is my accommodation start/end date?
For the Fall, your start date will be September 1/2012. Your end date will be April 30/2013. For other sessions, please include your arrival date and move out dates.