Transition to University
- How is university different from high school?
- Resilience and bouncing back
- Turning stress into resilience
Vocabulary and Comprehension
- What is Academic Integrity?
- BU Policy on Academic Misconduct (updated policy coming)
- Plagiarism Prevention
- You quote it, you note it from Acadia University
- Guide to Grammar
- Paul Hensel’s Common Writing Problems
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Student Papers & Academic Research Kit (SPARK) from York University
Some advice from others
- Brandon University HelpDesk for IT related questions
- BU Campus Life
- Check out the Brandon University Student Life Facebook page
- Understanding your working memory
Modules on Referencing Styles, Evaluating Electronic Resources, Essay Structure, Critical Reviews, Plagiarism and Paraphrasing and Punctuation available through BU’s Academic Skills Centre Moodle Site. From BU’s Moodle home page click on Student Services There is no need for a password or username as you can log in as a guest.