Transition to University
- How is university different from high school?
- Resilience and bouncing back from Indiana University
- Motivation video from Indiana University
- Turning stress into resilience TED talk
- BU Library Guide to Annotated Bibliographies
- What is Academic Integrity?
- BU Policy on Academic Integrity
- Purdue University Guide to Avoiding Plagiarism
Vocabulary and Comprehension
- Guide to using textbooks
- Improving vocabulary or reading skills
- Vocabulary game
- Reading Comprehension Exercises
- Using textbooks more effectively
- BU Academic Skills Centre’s Writing Skills
- The Four Feathers Writing Guide : Connecting oral traditions with academic writing from Theresa Bell at Royal Roads University
- Paul Hensel’s Common Writing Problems
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL) with APA and MLA style guides
- Guide to Grammar
- SPARK (Student Papers & Academic Research Kit) from York University including
- suggestions for thesis statements
- narrowing your topic
Help with Referencing Styles, Evaluating Electronic Resources, Essay Structure, Critical Reviews, Plagiarism and Punctuation available through BU’s Academic Skills Centre Moodle Site for Writing Skills. From BU’s Moodle home page click on the first link for Student Services. There is no need for a password or username as you can log in as a guest.