Research Connection Podcast
Connecting current research and expertise with users in the community
It’s hard to stay on top of new developments and research in education. Join Jackie Kirk and Michelle Lam as they interview guests whose research directly impacts classrooms in the real world. Whether you are a teacher, administrator, researcher, or just want to hear more about how kids these days are learning, this is the podcast for you.
- Sexualized Violence on Campuses - Join Carla Navid (Brandon University’s Sexual Violence Education and Prevention Coordinator) and Dr. Corinne Mason (Associate Professor of Gender and Women’s Studies and Sociology at Brandon University) as they discuss sexualized violence on campuses.
- Part 2 – Locker Rooms, Pressure and Promise - Continue the conversation with hosts Jackie and Michelle as they talk about hockey locker rooms, pressure, and promise with Bantam AAA coach and Brandon School Division Paul Mandziuk and Brandon University researcher Tim Skuce.
- Finish him! Hockey, masculinity, and culture - Join hosts Jackie and Michelle as they talk about hockey culture and masculinity with BU researcher Tim Skuce and Bantam AAA coach and Brandon School Division teacher Paul Mandziuk.
- Effective Reading Instruction with Kathie and Joe - Join hosts Jackie and Michelle as they discuss effective reading instruction with Joe Stoeffer of Brandon University's Faculty of Education and Kathie Sutherland of Brandon School Division.
- Leadership and Conflict - Michelle and Jackie discuss leadership and conflict with Dr. Alysha Farrell of Brandon University's Faculty of Education and Rev. Darryl McAuley of McDiarmid Drive Alliance Church.
- To Friend or Not to Friend: Teachers and Students on Social Media - Michelle and Jackie discuss teachers and students on social media with Andrew Mead (Principal of Mitchell Middle School in Hanover School Division) and Mike Nantais (Associate Professor, Curriculum and Pedagogy Department).
- Cell Phones and the Classroom - Join hosts Michelle Lam and Jacqueline Kirk as they discuss the impact of cell phone use in the classroom with Grant Hamilton (Director of Marketing and Communications) and Michael Nantais (Assistant Professor; Chair of Curriculum & Pedagogy Department).