Expires: February 28th, 2020
On behalf of our client, Lifetouch Canada, we are currently recruiting an Accountant to join their team in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Lifetouch Canada has been capturing the spirit of today and preserving memories for tomorrow with quality student photographs for over 80 years. Their commitment to implementing new technologies helps Lifetouch maintain the highest standards of excellence and efficiency and has been instrumental in making them a leader in photography, printing, manufacturing and processing.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Accountant will be responsible for providing detailed transactional accounting support for all receipts and disbursements of the business and financial analysis as required. We are seeking a driven accounting professional who has strengths in attention to detail, organization, multitasking, and working with financial information to ensure successful company performance. This financial role will appeal to an individual with strong business acumen, excellent communication skills, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Support production and home office accounting units and provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Coordinate journal entries, recurring journals, and uploaded journals
- Prepare monthly accrual and recurring entries
- Preparation, analysis and distribution of daily and weekly performance reports
- Perform monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Prepare remittance of monthly GST/HST and PST files
- Prepare annual tax schedules for IRS, Revenue Canada and various provincial returns
- Prepare, analyze and distribute monthly department statements and budgets
- Support the Accounting team with financial analysis projects using all available data query tools as required
- Maintain documentation on key processes in coordination with ICR business partners
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting or related discipline
- Professional accounting designation preferred or working towards completion of CPA
- 3 - 5 years accounting experience
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, technical, and research skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Lawson Enterprise Financial System would be considered an asset
If you have strong organizational and interpersonal skills as a team player and are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to email@example.com or call Kamalita Ketler at 204.336.6107.