Expires: June 23rd, 2019
West Region Child & Family Services Inc. invites applications for the positions of Casual Administrative Assistant within our Winnipeg Sub Office.
Reporting to the Administration Manager, this individual will be responsible for providing receptionist duties and administrative support for the WRCFS Sub-Office, located in Winnipeg.
Duties will include:
- Performing receptionist duties
- Maintaining records and filings
- Performing reservation clerk duties as needed
- Ordering, tracking and distribution of office supplies
- Operating and maintaining standard office equipment
- Preparing and distributing purchase orders and taxi requests
- Provide coverage to Administration team as needed
- Other related duties as required
- Minimum Grade XII with training and/or experience in office administration
- Knowledge of switchboards along with excellent telephone etiquette would be an asset
- Computer training and/or experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to meet and deal effectively with people
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations are essential
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Must be bondable
- Must be able to work as part of a team and be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Must participate in staff development relevant to the position
Salary: Commensurate with experience and training and according to provincial pay scale
The successful applicant must provide WRCFS with a current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check, Prior Contact Check and Driver's Abstract prior to commencement of employment. Travel is required. A valid driver's license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment.
Deadline for Application: Monday June 24, 2019
Submit resumes to:
Verna McIvor, BSW, MSW, RSW
Director of Urban Services
West Region Child & Family Services Inc.
255 Sherbrook Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2B8
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.