Director of Planning and Buildings
Expires: August 29th, 2019
The City of Brandon is currently accepting applications for Director of Planning and Buildings, Development Services Division.
The position is responsible for performing a wide range of professional work related to municipal/urban planning, building inspection, land development and property administration through appropriate Provincial and Municipal legislation including application of the Planning Act, Municipal Act, Manitoba Building Code, City Zoning By-Law, City Building By-Law, City Building and Property Standards By-Law, the Real Property Act, and the Land Titles Office. The incumbent provides advice and guidance on all urban planning, land development, and building construction issues affecting the City of Brandon with decisions on issues having a wide-ranging impact on development and operations throughout the City.
- A recognized university degree in the field of Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or an equivalent level of post-secondary education and experience in the fields of business administration, urban land economics or real estate development (mandatory);
- Post Graduate coursework in the field of Urban Planning (preferred);
- Full membership (or eligibility) in the Manitoba Professional Planners Institute (MPPI), Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba (APEGM), or a current designation in a professional field recognized by the Real Estate Institute of Canada (REIC).
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of related municipal experience.
- Five (5) years in a senior administrative and municipal planning role.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at http://jobbank.brandon.ca
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This position is not included in a Collective Agreement. The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview. The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay: 117,399 – 126,668 per year (2018 rates).
Position Conditions: This is a full-time, permanent position of 36.25 hours per week.
For complete position details see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.