Expires: July 27th, 2019
HyLife Foods, a division of the HyLife organization and leading primary pork processor for domestic and world markets, is seeking an experienced Electrical Supervisor.
To sustain our position as a premier supplier of quality food products, we strive to employ talented and motivated people capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. This position is based in the vibrant community of Neepawa, Manitoba, which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life.
The Electrical Supervisor will supervise and act as a technical resource for the maintenance team, including millwrights, electricians, and technicians. The successful candidate will also work with other management staff to reduce and predict mechanical/electrical problems, and ensure efficient operation of equipment and services. Extensive plant floor presence, and weekly verification of PMs and work orders are part of this position, as is reviewing the completed work of the maintenance team and external contractors. The position will also involve troubleshooting and implementing corrective and preservation actions to improve reliability of equipment.
The Electrical Supervisor will follow the Maintenance crew working Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Maintain quality and legislative requirements by adhering to and enforcing Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- Plan, direct, engage and understand daily production operations while anticipating and troubleshooting production problems
- Complete work orders in accordance to the schedule and assigning employees, establishing priorities, revising schedules, and resolving problems
- Measure performance and achieve Continuous Improvement in processes to implement cost reductions while maintaining quality
- Strive to continuously improve; employee relations, yields, labour results, equipment, sanitation, personal job knowledge, etc.
- Develop, direct, manage, train, and motivate employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Skilled Electrical Trades, Red Seal preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing projects is preferred
- Knowledge of Plant Maintenance Functions is necessary
- Ability to build relations with and follow health and safety, CFIA/USDA statutory regulations
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office as well as an ability to adapt to other software applications
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you have the qualifications and the passion to meet this challenge, then we would like to explore your potential.
Please apply online at http://hylife.com/current-opportunities/
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position. We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.