Engagement & Consultation Coordinator
Expires: March 10th, 2020
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Engagement and Consultation Coordinator position within our Engagement and Consultation Department located at 150 Henry Avenue in Winnipeg, MB.
- Coordination and facilitation of all Resolution No. 8 related matters including engagement/consultation with Federal and provincial governments, industry and proponents;
- Draft consultation and engagement letters for the Department;
- Assist MMF Responsible Departments, legal, consultants and act as a liaison with internal/external partners, MMF Regions and Locals;
- Build government and industry relationships and assist the MMF in developing employment, education and training opportunities within all sectors, including traditional economies;
- Facilitate Metis involvement in project, planning and decision-making in consultation/engagement processes;
- Ensure appropriate updates are provided to Ministers responsible and Regional Vice-Presidents on all relevant project information that may impact their region;
- Prepare reports, letters, briefings and memorandums;
- Attend/coordinate project related engagement/consultation meetings and facilitate Phase I to V meetings as per the Resolution No. 8 process;
- Attend and present information at community meetings;
- Maintain and update electronic registry pertaining to the engagement and consultation record;
- Monitor program budget and cash flow;
- Perform general administrative duties.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Bachelor of Arts, Native Studies, Business, Political Sciences, Policy, Environmental Studies/Sciences, Project Management or related discipline;
- Several years’ experience in policy and program development or an equivalent/combination experience;
- Experience working in Leadership and Community settings;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with intermediate skills in Word and Excel;
- Excellent communications, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Metis issues and socio-economic conditions affecting Metis people;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset;
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in Word format, referencing the job posting number by Monday, March 9, 2020.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.