Executive Assistant to CEO
Expires: August 27th, 2019
Full-Time Executive Assistant to the CEO
This position is responsible for providing executive support to the CEO, Board of Directors and Executive and Senior Management
Primary responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Provides executive level support to the CEO handling confidential correspondence and maintaining his/her schedule;
- Attends and transcribes minutes of board meetings, organizes meeting materials and ensures agenda/meeting packages are distributed to attendees prior to and/or at the meeting;
- Follows up with Board Members and ensures that Board correspondence is completed on time and materials are supplied as directed on behalf of the CEO;
- Ensures corporate, legal and licensing paperwork is completed, reported and registered in compliance with Agency requirements;
- Works in conjunction with CEO to develop CEO, Board and partial centralized agency expense budgets;
- Conducts general administrative support duties on behalf of the CEO.
Executive Management Support
- Schedules and co-ordinates all aspects of Executive Management meetings;
- Records and maintains Executive management meeting minutes, follows up on outstanding issues, as assigned, and ensures that decisions and supporting materials are accessible.
Board of Directors Support
- Co-ordinates Board and specified Board committee meetings, attends and transcribes minutes, organizes meeting materials, arranges for catering when necessary and ensures agenda/meeting packages are distributed to attendees prior to and/or at the meeting;
- Maintains Board of Directors’ meeting minutes and filing system and follows up on outstanding issues;
- Provides direct support to the Board of Directors, as required.
Office Administration Support
- Maintains Agency files including securing, archiving, destroying and retention of files;
- Adheres to established MYS standards for documentation, correspondence, email and filing;
- Creates and maintains a position or desk reference manual and provides an up-to-date electronic copy to the Manager of Agency Administrative Services at least annually or after significant updates.
- Successful completion of a recognized office administration program and a high school diploma;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Minimum of 5 years administrative experience supporting senior level staff;
- Demonstrated superior communication skills both written and oral;
- Demonstrated ability to take and transcribe minutes at the Board and Executive level;
- Availability to occasionally work outside normal business hours;
- Demonstrated computer proficiency at an advanced level;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities with special attention to details;
- Ability to cope with stress and maintain a positive attitude;
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months;
- Indigenous candidates encouraged to apply;
- Experience working with a not-for-profit organization;
- Basic Knowledge of legal, financial and governance requirements of a non-profit corporation.
Salary Range: $35,600– $53,400 (depending on qualifications) per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week. Monday – Friday
Competition Number: 3313.08.19
Closing Date: 12pm/noon – August 27, 2019
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3L 0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.