Innovation and Product Support Assistant (Student Position)
Expires: February 1st, 2020
Innovation & Product Support Assistant (Student Position)
Term Position: April – August 28, 2020
Portage la Prairie, Manitoba
Competition Number: 2019-20-23
Condition of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba.
This position will assist the Agri-Insurance Innovation and Product Support division. Duties will include assisting with various tasks associated with specialized research and data analysis, sample analysis, record keeping, data entry, report writing, and field plot work. Other tasks may include helping to process claims, reviewing adjusting policy and procedures manuals, and assisting in the coordination of training sessions for 140 Adjustors. The incumbent will work directly with Claim Services and Special Crops Agronomists and the Manager, Data Analytics.
The successful applicant must be available for work for the duration of the term. Preference will be given to students furthering their education in the fall.
- Preference will be given to candidates of a university or college program with an Agriculture or Agribusiness specialization;
- Experience performing administrative duties including data entry and file maintenance;
- Experience researching, analyzing and problem solving;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally;
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Ability to have attention to detail and maintain accuracy;
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of agricultural practices in Manitoba;
- Experience in agriculture is an asset
Wages: Wage range from $16.84 per hour to $18.65 per hour, depending on education and experience.
Interested candidates are requested to send or fax their resume and cover letter, marked “Confidential”, no later than Friday, January 31, 2020 to:
Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation
Unit 100 - 1525 First Street S.
Brandon, MB R7A 7A1
Fax: (204) 726-6177
We believe diversity strengthens our ability to provide excellent customer service in a positive work environment. We encourage all to apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.