Lending Assistant (Student Position)
Expires: January 31st, 2020
Lending Assistant( Student Position)
Term Position: April – August 28, 2020
Flexible: Brandon or Portage la Prairie
Competition Number: 2019-20-22
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba.
Assist the Lending department with various tasks including participating in the loan analysis and administration process, interacting with clients and determining their needs, conducting farm visits with a Lending Representative, helping with records management/electronic filing, and providing reception coverage, when required.
The successful applicant must be available for work for the duration of the term.
Preference will be given to students furthering their education in the fall.
- Working towards a degree or diploma in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Commerce or Business. (Preference will be given to candidates working towards a degree in Agribusiness);
- Experience in the customer service industry;
- Experience in the agriculture and knowledge of agricultural practices;
- Written communication skills;
- Oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Time Management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Effective analytical, research and project management skills;
- An aptitude for attention to detail and accuracy (including numerical accuracy);
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to communicate in a professional and articulate manner;
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook, PowerPoint)
Wages: Wage range from $16.84 per hour to $18.65 per hour, depending on education and experience.
Interested candidates are requested to send or fax their resume and cover letter, marked “Confidential”, no later than Friday, January 31, 2020 to:
Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation
Unit 100 - 1525 First Street S.
Brandon, MB R7A 7A1
Fax: (204) 726-6177
We believe diversity strengthens our ability to provide excellent customer service in a positive work environment. We encourage all to apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.