Master Control Operator (Winnipeg)
Expires: April 30th, 2019
Launched in 1999 as the first National Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Some of the great rewards we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes; comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched- defined contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Another highlight includes: training & development assistance which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve success and overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Make your mark in Digital Media and Broadcasting. APTN is seeking a highly detail oriented Master Control Operator for a part time (0.6 FTE) opportunity. If you ready to assist in the smooth operation and execution of APTN’s daily broadcast schedule, then we would love to hear from you!
- Operates APTN’s existing and new automation systems;
- Monitors audio and video quality of on-air program feeds;
- Reviews daily broadcast logs and adjusts on-air play lists;
- Ensures smooth presentation of overnight weather show;
- Prepares tapes and digital files for input to the server(s);
- Distributes fault reports to all relevant departments;
- Operates Master Control Room technology for live, studio and remote location events;
- Ensures Closed Captioning of News associated programs;
- Prepares dubs in all new and emerging formats
- Controls remote operation of three northern uplink sites: Yellowknife, Iqaluit, and Whitehorse
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- Diploma or certificate from college or university with proven related broadcast experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency with MS Office, knowledge of broadcast industry technology and solid keyboarding skills;
- Ability to perform shift work;
- Strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment.
Your new opportunity awaits, come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
To apply online, visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0f03c394-ffd9-44c0-8abe-f233c53deb39
Please apply before Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply