Nurse Practitioner (Meadow Lake)
Expires: September 14th, 2019
NURSE PRACTITIONER (NP-08)
Posting #: GO-00572815
Position #: 156034
Closing Date: August 23, 2019 23:59 CST or Until Filled
Type: Permanent Full Time
City/Town: Meadow Lake, SK
Facility: PN-REGIONAL EMPLOYEES-ML
Department: PN-PRIMARY HLTH-ML-NP
Geographic Location: Meadow Lake and Area
Expected Start Date: August 26, 2019
Hours of Work: In a 6 week rotation - 28 shifts of 8.00 hours
Salary or Pay Band: $49.070 to $58.690 (6 step range)
Number of Positions: 1
The RN(NP) provides a spectrum of primary health care services as per the SRNA RN(NP) competency guidelines in the Meadow Lake Primary Health Care (PHC) Centre as well as outreach clinics within the area. The RN(NP) functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team, consulting and referring to appropriate health care providers when necessary; collaborate with other members of the health care team to ensure quality care for the patient.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Registered Nurse – Nurse Practitioner Master’s Program
- Registered Nurse – Nurse Practitioner Program
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA)
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN(NP) or RN (GNP)
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to travel both within the region and provincially
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Assessment skills
- Certification in a recognized Primary Care Nurse Practitioner equivalent program or Nurse Practitioner Master Program required;
- Currently registered or eligible to be registered with the SRNA as a RN(NP);
- Demonstrated ability to function as a member of an integrated health team;
- Demonstrated sound nursing judgment, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to be flexible and self-directed;
- Current certification Level C, Basic Cardiac Life Support;
- Valid driver’s license.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is the largest employer in Saskatchewan, employing over 43,000 staff in a dynamic healthcare environment.
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is committed to providing coordinated quality services that are seamless, safe and patient-centred.
Note to Internal applicants. To ensure your application is received and you are included in the applicant list, please submit your resume and cover letter via Gateway Online. For postings within former RQHR only, apply via email through firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the posting number, or through Health Careers in Saskatchewan, if available.
By submitting your application, you consent to your application history being share with Human Resources and the applicable hiring managers.
Please visit https://www.pnrha.ca/careers/ for further details regarding available positions, salary and employment incentives currently available.