Operational Internship Opportunity
Expires: August 7th, 2019
HyLife Foods, a division of the HyLife organization and leading primary pork processor for domestic and world markets, is seeking energetic and motivated persons to participate in our Operational Internship Program. To sustain our position as a premier supplier of quality food products, we strive to employ talented and motivated people capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. This program is based in the vibrant community of Neepawa, Manitoba, which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life.
The 18-month program will encompass hands on training of fabrication and packaging of HyLife’s products, followed by in depth training in two different areas, and supervisor/leadership training.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Slaughter, eviscerate and mark hogs for further processing
- Cut pork carcasses into primal cuts for further specific specifications intended for commercial, industrial, institutional or wholesale use
- To de-bone edible part and remove inedible organs or parts
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Maintain quality and legislative requirements by adhering to and enforcing Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- Plan, direct, engage and understand daily production operations while anticipating and troubleshooting production problems
- Complete production plan by scheduling, assigning employees, establishing priorities, revising schedules, resolving problems
- Measure performance and achieve Continuous Improvement to implement cost reductions while maintaining quality
- Strive to continuously improve; employee relations, yields, labour results, equipment, sanitation, personal knowledge, etc.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Be able to work in a culturally diverse workplace
- Have a good work ethic
- Focus on treating people with dignity and respect
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office as well as an ability to adapt to other software applications
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong focus on food safety and workplace safety
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you have the qualifications and the passion to meet this challenge, then we would like to explore your potential.
Please apply online at http://www.hylife.com/current-opportunities/
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.