Organics Program Analyst
Expires: July 28th, 2019
Organics Program Analyst
PM2 Planning & Program Analyst 2
Department of Sustainable Development
Waste Diversion & Recycling Unit, Environmental Stewardship
Advertisement Number: 35032
Salary(s): PM2 $59,406.00 - $74,801.00 per year
Closing Date: July 28, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Manitoba Sustainable Development is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Organics Program Analyst (PM2) located in Winnipeg, MB. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver's license
- Must be able to travel throughout the province with occasional overnight stays
- A post secondary degree in science, environmental science, environmental studies, natural resource management or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
- Experience working with and/or developing an organics management program
- Experience with, and thorough knowledge of, the composting process and compost quality control
- Strong analytical skills with experience and/or training in data analysis and management
- Excellent written communication skills including experience preparing correspondence, briefing materials and reports
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to present information to all levels of the organization, as well as external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Experience working independently with strong time management skills including the ability to work on several projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads to meet strict deadlines
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, or similar software applications
- Knowledge of environmental management, soil science and nutrient management and/or agronomic production issues.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Organics Program Analyst is responsible for providing support to deliver the Manitoba Composts Support Program; general organics programming and support; strategic waste reduction policy development; and programming related to municipal organics management. This position undertakes research, prepares reports and submissions, works with the public, as well as a variety of stakeholder groups in support of high profile provincial initiatives. This position requires a high level of initiative and independence related to project management.
Advertisement # 35032
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.