The City of Portage la Prairie is seeking a full time Project Manager. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Project Manager is responsible for project management of capital construction projects and engineering services within the Operations Department.
• Participates as a member of the Operations Department management team, ensuring a coordinated effort of resources in the delivery of department services.
• Works with the Division Managers within the Operations Department with respect to special projects, in the areas of water treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment and collections, roads, land drainage collection systems, solid waste and recycling, parks and aquatic environment, asset management plan program development, as assigned by the Director.
• Provides technical support and expertise to Operations Divisions and other City departments.
• Conducts plan reviews and provides inspections services for residential subdivisions, in accordance with development agreements.
• Prepares reports and provides recommendations with respect to community planning issues; such as subdivision applications, easements and land sales.
• Liaises with representatives of other municipalities, the provincial and federal governments, consultants and community groups.
• Participates in the annual formulation of the departmental budget including the 10-year capital budget.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Certified Engineering Technologist program and five years of previous experience in municipal engineering. The incumbent requires a working knowledge of engineering design, project management and municipal infrastructure. The successful candidate will possess good organization skills and management abilities, leadership skills, the ability to communicate effectively, and to use computerized technology and software in the engineering field.
This position offers a salary range of $81,940 - $96,400 and a benefit package.
The selection committee intends to review applications as early as October 18th, 2022; however, applications may continue to be accepted until the right candidate is found.
Please forward resumes to:
Human Resources Office, City of Portage la Prairie
97 Saskatchewan Ave East
Portage la Prairie, MB, R1N 0L8
FAX (204) 239-1532
Email Address: email@example.com. Website: www.city-plap.com
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.