Registered Psychiatric Nurse (Days/Nights)
Expires: August 23rd, 2019
Registered Psychiatric Nurse – Days/Nights
Employee Group: MNU
Classification: Nurse II
Start Date (End Date, if applicable): TBD
Department/Service/Program: EMHC – Nursing Unit
FTE/Hours of Work:
- Week 1 - Sunday-Wednesday - Days; Thursday-Saturday - Off
- Week 2 - Sunday - Off; Monday - Days; Tuesday-Saturday - Off
- Week 3 - Sunday-Wednesday - Nights; Thursday-Saturday - Off
- Week 4 - Sunday-Friday - Off; Saturday - Days
0.5 FTE; Days/Nights; 38.75 hrs. biweekly
Closing Date: August 23, 2019
Job Posting Number: N-095-0813A
Consistent with the mission, values, objectives and policies of the Centre, the nurse acts as a resource to the patient as the patient moves from acute illness phase to stabilization and then to discharge back into the community. The nurse plays the pivotal role of assisting patients to mobilize their internal resources, that is, to encourage and guide patients to recognize, identify, utilize and build on their own capabilities in managing their life in view of their mental illness.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM) or current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) required
- Experience or training in mental health an asset
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patients every shift; engaging in a therapeutic process to obtain assessment data related to mental status, treatment, safety, progress, the treatment team’s and patient’s goals and achievement of goals thus far in the admission.
- This includes any other data relevant to the patient’s care.
- Together with the treatment team, develops a nursing care plan, based on patients’ and treatment teams’ prioritized needs.
- Reviews care plans at regular intervals, including but not limited to, doctor’s rounds, Kardex, team meetings, etc.
- The nurse implements the treatment plan by the following: providing direct nursing care, coordinating and accessing the agreed upon therapies, providing education for the patient, carrying out relevant procedures and by delegating where appropriate, while maintaining accountability for the treatment (i.e. asking that a PNA go for a walk with the patient and ensuring that it is done and reported).
***Complete Job Description available upon request ***
Payroll & HR Manager
Eden Health Care Services