Senior Developer/Systems Administrator (Winnipeg)
Expires: June 27th, 2019
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
The Senior Developer / Systems Administrator is a newly created position and we are seeking a top performer who is looking to take advantage of the latest technologies and opportunities that will maximize digital distribution at APTN. Are you someone who enjoys collaborating with your team and presenting creative, fresh, innovative ideas? If you said yes, then we would love to hear from you!
- Join APTN, one of Canada’s top employers;
- Be the technical leader to develop and sustain APTN’s digital media properties;
- Manage all aspects of the digital media infrastructure;
- Implement strategies to maximize web site security, performance and reliability;
- Develop and maintain advanced WordPress websites, APIs and web services;
- Work with mobile apps.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 3+ years’ experience with front-end and back-end development in a LAMP WordPress environment;
- PHP frameworks such as Laravel, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap;
- Developing and maintaining WordPress plugins, themes and responsive development;
- Web site hosting, server support and security in LAMP environment;
- Experience with responsive website and email development;
- Linux CL scripting, cron jobs and GIT control;
- Website security and optimization;
- Developing and integrating API’s;
- Strong analytical problem solving skills, excellent time management, proven teamwork and leadership
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Please apply online to join our team today.
Deadline for applications is Thursday June 27, 2019.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.