Teaching Opportunities in Nunavut
Expires: July 31st, 2019
Nunavut is seeking teachers starting in August 2019!
Nunavut has Canada's youngest and fastest growing population. With over 9,000 students attending public school, Nunavut needs dedicated, passionate and bold teachers like you!
Teaching in Nunavut provides opportunities to inspire students, whether it is through classroom instruction or after-school activities. Each school in Nunavut is unique and diverse, with teachers being an integral part of their community.
To become a teacher in Nunavut, you must:
- Have a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.),
- Meet the requirements for the Nunavut Professional Teaching Certificate,
- Be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application.
There are a number of full-time, indeterminate and term positions available in the following categories:
- Elementary Teacher
- Middle School Generalist Teacher
- High School Generalist Teacher
- Principal and Vice-Principal
- Learning Coach
- Student Support Teacher
Life in the North is filled with great opportunities to grow professionally and explore Nunavut’s rich history and unique communities.
Our communities are linked by more than our traditional activities like hunting, fishing, sewing, and carving. You will hear four official languages: Inuktitut, English, Inuinnaqtun and French throughout the territory.
Be sure to experience our rich languages and culture and enjoy the community activities
and the great outdoors!
We offer successful candidates one of the highest teaching salaries in Canada with a range of benefits including:
- Base salary range: $76,506 - $119,961/ year (depending on experience)
- Northern Allowance: $15,016 - $34,455/ year (depending on community)
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- Subsidized Staff Housing
- Federal Superannuation
- Professional Development
Is this the job for you?
Teach in Nunavut, every day is a new adventure!
It’s perfect for the kind of teacher that wants to think differently, explore their boundaries and learn from Inuit culture and languages.
Does this sound like you?
All available teaching positions are posted on educationcanada.com.
This could be life-changing experience!