Teaching Positions at Heritage International School
Expires: January 1st, 2018
COME TEACH IN A MANITOBA SCHOOL IN 6TH OF OCTOBER CITY, EGYPT
Heritage International School is a well-established and prestigious private K-12 Canadian (Manitoba) international school, located on a modern campus in beautiful 6th of October City, Egypt. 6th of October City is a new satellite city with a population of 500,000 about an hour from downtown Cairo. This is a flagship overseas school for Manitoba Education.
The following positions are open:
- Grade 6 Math and Science- start date as soon as possible
- Grade 10 Physical Education and grade 9 Business Ed - start date February 1, 2017
The school uses Manitoba curriculum and texts. Students intend on pursuing their academic studies in Canada or abroad following graduation.
With 500 students including 200 in the high school, Heritage International School seeks to thoroughly prepare a new generation of Egyptians for the challenges of a university career, as well as life beyond the classroom.
The school year and school day is similar to that in Canada with lots of holidays and 22 days for Christmas break.
Heritage International School has 45 teachers on staff and the Head principal and 2 Vice Principals. Teachers are all certified Canadian teachers.
The school is seeking teachers who are energetic, flexible and adaptable, enthusiastic classroom leaders with a sense of humour, sensitivity to other cultures and have a draw to an active school life in a vibrant and exciting city overseas. Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
New graduate teachers are welcome to apply! Start your teaching career and embrace a new culture at the same time. Every year of teaching at Heritage International School counts as a year of teaching experience for the Manitoba Teacher salary scales.
Please review the School’s website: www.heritageinternationalschool.com
Applicants who are Canadian citizens with a Bachelor of Education degree are invited to apply.
Heritage International School offers its teaching staff:
- Competitive tax-free Salary in USD on a grid based on experience
- A rent free, furnished, spacious apartment close to the school
- Annual return flight
- Two year ( 2 -10 month) contracts (renewable with one year options with signing bonus)
- International health insurance
- Free education for dependent children
- July & August as well as other Canadian holidays/vacations (paid)
- Lots of holidays including all Canadian holidays and Egyptian holidays
- Transportation to and from school
- Small class sizes- (maximum is 25 students per class)
- Same school day and year as in Canada
- Annual performance/pension bonus
- Work with fantastic and experienced Canadian teachers and principals
Please email your resume (on Word) with:
- full contact information including Skype name
- a digital head photo attached to the top right hand corner of the top page of your resume
- a cover letter
- three letters of reference (on pdf)
To our agent and consultant, Mr. Errol Harris in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org