Technical & Environmental Engineer
Expires: August 1st, 2019
Technical & Environmental Engineer
As the Technical/Environmental Engineer, you will provide technical engineering and environmental support to the plant team. Key initiatives will be ensuring compliance with regulatory and permit requirements, and upholding the principles of Responsible Care. This will require implementation and continuous improvement of applicable policies, procedures, and site practices. You will also be responsible for developing a strong environmental relationship with government and community. Ultimately, all efforts are directed toward the safe, environmentally secure and optimum manufacture of products and services that meet customer requirements. In this role, you are a key member of the site leadership team and will report directly to the Plant Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Technical and Engineering:
- Learn and monitor plant processes all in support of ensuring compliance to established safe operating procedures; production is occurring within accepted process parameters to meet final product quality; assisting operating crews with troubleshooting process problems to broaden their understanding, and to model good troubleshooting methodology; recognizing process improvements and leading resolution using Management of Change procedures;and compliance to applicable PSM requirements.
- Participate in site process studies – MOC’s, PHA’s, and pre-startup safety reviews as needed, and complete assigned actions.
- Provide support for the design and implementation of plant projects.
- Lead site compliance to all federal, provincial and local environmental regulatory, permit, license, and C of A requirements
- Implementation of company-wide policies and procedures that apply to the site
- Support continuous improvement of these internal standards; site Plan to be integrated with the company wide environmental plan
- Development and implementation of site environmental training programs, and ensure that the site employees, contractors and visitors are trained in these standards as required
- Regulatory reporting and documentation requirements both external to government bodies and internal as required.
- Coordinating and ensuring compliance to the CIAC applicable codes
- Must be sensitive to confidential information, understand due diligence requirements and environmental ethical standards
- Encourage site proactiveness in recognizing conditions that could lead to environmental incidents; and lead subsequent investigations in support of continuous learning.
- Following-up on assigned actions in a timely manner.
- Support the ERCO Director of Environmental Affairs and Manager of Environmental Affairs in compliance to companywide initiatives as an active member of the ERCO Technical Committee (ETC).
- Able to read, write and speak English. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to be able to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization and to ensure external and internal reports and letters accurately and legally represent your responsibilities.
- Hold a degree in Chemical Engineering or Science with 1 to 5 years of relevant experience would be preferred
- Strong organizational and self-managing skill sets to prioritize and process applicable site actions/initiatives; creation of action plans and subsequent process follow-up.
- Safety and environmentally conscious and a good team player with strong leadership skills.
Salary Range: $65000-$75000 annually depending on the relevancy of experience & qualifications.
We are also happy to help the successful candidate with some relocation allowance should they be selected from another city.
To apply online, please visit our Careers page (http://www.ercoworldwide.com/) and follow the application process.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.