Expires: July 11th, 2019
Job Req ID: 73028
Location: British Columbia
If interested, please apply online at www.cpr.ca/en/careers/ to one of the above job requisitions.
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
You will be a member of a team performing moderate to heavy physical labour building and maintaining the track and surrounding materials. Duties can include replacing and repairing various track components including rails, railway ties, fences and adjusting the alignment and the surface of the track as well as responding to emergencies and track outages. Please note you will be placed in production or maintenance position based on operational needs.
View 'A day in the Life of a Seasonal Labourer' at http://www.cpr.ca/en/careers/operations/engineering
- Moderate to heavy physical labour on an assigned area of track. This work involves: pulling track spikes; applying rail anchors; shoveling crushed rock; bending & lifting up to 50 lbs on a regular basis; and other repetitive tasks.
- An emphasis on safety is critical for all employees. This can be a high risk environment as you will be working around heavy moving equipment;
- Employees must remain focused at all times and be willing to work in a team environment;
- The work location is outdoors and, therefore, you will be working in all weather conditions (rain, direct sunlight, snow etc);
- This position works shifts; start times are set on a weekly basis and may change daily if required. Daily work shifts can start at any time, night or day;
- Will be required to be away from home and will stay in with meal allowance provided;
- Work can be seasonal and employees may be laid off at the end of the work season. Employees will be called back as needed (and in seniority order) for the next work season.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Possess a High School diploma or GED;
- A valid driver’s license is preferred;
- A valid Class 3 license would be considered an asset;
- A safety-oriented work ethic supported by experience within the labour industry;
- The ability to follow instructions and rules and regulations;
- Ability to work as a valuable member of a team;
- Good written and verbal communication/comprehension skills are essential;
- Must live within the province.
- Flexible and competitive benefits package;
- Competitive company pension plan;
- Employee Share Purchase Plan;
- Performance Incentive Program;
- Annual Fitness Subsidy.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").