Family-owned and operated since 1987, Frontiers North is an internationally recognized leader in authentic and sustainable adventures in Canada’s North. We host guests primarily in and around the subarctic community of Churchill, Manitoba to dine beneath the northern lights, sing alongside beluga whales and lock eyes with wild polar bears. Our programs are designed for wildlife and culture enthusiasts, photographers and experiential adventure travellers.
We at Frontiers North consider ourselves stewards of the resources made available to us, and conduct our business in a safe and sustainable manner. We work hard to benefit our guests and employees, the ecosystems and communities in which we operate, and passionately share those values with our guests. We are the official Conservation Journey® and Tundra Buggy® people, and a certified B Corporation®.
If you are an energetic, self-motivated and collaborative team player who believes in conducting life and business in a sustainable manner, we are interested in hearing from you.
We are seeking a Travel Counsellor to join our team. This position is predominantly responsible for sales. The Travel Counsellor is the initial point of contact for the sales of Frontiers North’s products and builds and retains guest relationships by selling tour packages to guests all over the world. Working with other team members and specialists in the organization, the Travel Counsellor is responsible for increasing sales and contributing positively to Frontiers north’s profitability by providing excellent customer service, verifying and ensuring tours are booked and following-up on referrals.
- As the primary contact for customers and guests calling into FNA, identify existing and potential guest needs and sell a full range of products and services including; Polar Bears in Churchill, More Adventures, add-ons, insurance and upgrades.
- Assist customers in planning their adventures and selecting and customizing tours to suit their interests and requirements
- Close individual sales, confirm tour bookings and provide customer follow up
- Pro-actively work to retain and expand existing guest relationships, while pursuing new sources of business
- Answer and direct all incoming calls
- Check, review and direct all answering machines calls
- Enter accurate client information, inquiries and tour bookings into the in-house tour database program
- Invoice customers and process deposits and final payments ensuring accuracy
- Maintain knowledge of all marketing material and websites to ensure a consistent message is being delivered to all clients and the public
- Work with projects identified in the annual business and performance plans
- Post-secondary education preferably in the hospitality, sales or tourism industry
- 2+ years’ demonstrated experience in a sales team environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong critical thinking and excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- A creative, positive and innovative attitude
- Sales and service skills
Benefits of Working with our Team:
- Comprehensive Group Benefit Plan
- Corporate team culture
- Strong Corporate Social Responsibility values
- Professional development
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We are an accredited B Corp® that offers flexibility, including work from home options and a competitive total compensation package. All candidates must have appropriate citizenship or documents permitting them to reside and work in Canada to be considered.
If you want to work for a company that affects and inspires positive change in the lives of their guests, their employees, and the environments and communities in which they operate, please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Grant Chem firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Deadline to apply: Open until filled.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Extended health care
Frontiers North Adventures follows public health guidelines.
- customer service: 2 years (preferred)
- sales team: 2 years (required)
- hospitality or tourism industry: 2 years (preferred)