Web Design Support
Expires: July 28th, 2019
Web Design Support (Term)
Research Department, School of Health Sciences and Community Services
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email.
An eligibility list may be created for similar casual, part-time, full-time, and term positions.
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation, and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
We seek diversity in our workplace, Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The incumbent will assist with the evaluation and audit of the digital assets on the Science of Early Child Development online platforms (see: www.scienceofecd.com). The incumbent will then provide written and design solutions for improving the accessibility of the assets using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines as a guide. Digital assets include webpages, PDFs, images, graphics, videos, and interactive elements. Other responsibilities include being involved in creating a manual with guidelines for future content development to guide the ongoing remediation work and to ensure that new digital assets will comply with these guidelines.
- Ability to write and design for intended audiences
- Experience with web design and ability to learn new platforms and applications
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective written communication skills, with a focus on technical and creative writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and with team members
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to document work processes
- Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Post-secondary studies with a focus in communications, web design, digital design, or a related discipline
- Experience with a content management system (CMS)
- Familiarity with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1)
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
Competition Number: 2019-142
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: $15.40 - $21.08 hourly
Position Locations: Notre Dame Campus (Winnipeg, MB)
Position Type: Full-Time, Term Position Available; Possibility of an Extension
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org