Arts, Science, BA/BEd. Integrated, Phys Ed.
Please complete Steps 1 to 3 (below) in order to prepare for and book your advising appointment.
Step 1: Claim your student ID and register with Moodle
- If you have not already done so, please Claim Your ID. Remember/record your username and password because you will use them to log into important student portals. If you experience difficulties with this process please contact the IT Helpdesk at 204-571-8500 or email@example.com.
- Open the Brandon University Moodle website. (Open this link in a new tab or window so you can continue following these instructions.)
- Login to Moodle using your Brandon University username and password that you claimed. (eg. SMITHTA18).
- Click on the New Student Advising link under Main Menu on the left side of the Moodle homepage.
- Enter the enrolment key, which is newbustudent, and click Enrol Me once you have entered the key.
It is important for you to learn how to navigate Moodle as it is used by Brandon University professors and lab instructors to share resources, course content, and grades.
Step 2: Appointment Preparation
Once you are registered in the New Student Advising Moodle tutorial, you must watch the following 5 videos:
- Parts of a Degree
- Rules of a Degree
- Advising Resources
- Planning an Academic Year
- How to Use the Online Registration System
Note: These videos provide valuable information that will help you prepare for your advising appointment. If you are not prepared for your appointment, you will be asked to reschedule.
- You will consult with the Course Registration Guide, Current Academic Calendar, and Arts/Science Slot Schedule during your advising appointment in order to schedule your academic year.
- Students should be prepared to make decisions regarding choice of potential major(s), minor(s), and courses for the upcoming academic year.
Time to completion: ~1 hour