Arts, Science, Physical Education, Arts/Ed, Business Administration
This information is for new students in the following degree programs:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education Integrated
- Bachelor of Business Administration
Note: If you are transferring to BU for the BBA program, your transfer credit assessment must be complete before you can make an appointment. Otherwise, your advisor will have to cancel your appointment and wait until the assessment is complete.
- Bachelor of Physical Education Studies
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
Welcome to Brandon University! We look forward to helping you become a successful student.
The advising process for new students is designed to introduce you to the educational experience at Brandon University. Students will be able to register for courses after working with advisors who will:
- Teach you how to find and navigate the BU General Calendar and Registration Guide
- Help you to learn how to access and use Moodle, BU’s learning management system
- Help you learn how to use the Student Information Portal where you can see your final grades in courses, generate and print a timetable with your class times and locations, and access your financial statement(s).
Please note that we have updated this process to comply with social distancing measures necessitated by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) health emergency. Advising content is delivered via BU’s online learning management system, Moodle, and advising appointments take place through phone call, video chat (via Zoom), or online chat (via Moodle).
Before You Proceed
Students need their Brandon University login and password in order to proceed. If you haven’t done so, claim your Brandon University login and password now. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe so you can use it going forward!
Make an appointment with an academic advisor in Student Services.
- Students have the option of booking a phone, online chat (via Moodle), or online video chat (via Zoom) appointment.
- Students meet with advisors in order to discuss their academic goals and walk through the process of planning the academic year.
- Students must prepare for appointments by watching videos on basic advising information via Moodle.
- Click here to get started.