Please Note: “Effective, September 1, 2018 Manitoba Health Insurance will no longer be available to international students enrolled at Brandon University.
Health insurance is mandatory for all EAP students at Brandon University. Doctor and hospital visits are expensive in Canada – that’s why you will have guard.me International Insurance beginning in the Spring/Summer 2017 term.
- What is guard.me?
guard.me International Insurance is a world leader in supporting the health and wellness of international students around the world.
- What’s included?
The guard.me More plan covers new and emergent accidents and illness during the students’ coverage period. The summary of benefits is attached, however, key highlights of the plan are:
• Eligible clinic and hospital visits
– Up to 30 day supply – claims secure
• Dental Accident
– 100% of eligible charges, up to $4,000
• Ambulance & Emergency Transportation
– 100% of eligible charges
• Out of Canada coverage
– 30 days coverage in the US
• Family Transportation Benefit
– – Up to 2 members of your family flown to your bedside if you are hospitalized for more than 7 days
The price for your semester will be $190/term.
Your coverage will run from:
- Winter Term – January 1st to April 30th
- Spring/Summer Term – May 1st to August 31st
- Fall Term – September 1st to December 31st
For full details or to see a list of clinics in the area, visit www.guard.me/brandonu and click on EAP Student to find the policy in multiple languages.
On the website, students can make a claim, set up an account (whereby they can view the status of their claims online, find their ID card, and access their coverage), find local bill direct clinics, and also contact us via phone or chat.
The 24/7/365 Assistance Line is multilingual and conveniently located on the ID card they will receive. Student can call guard.me if they have questions, or if they are hospitalized so that we are made aware and can support.