Are you an Indigenous Student that is graduating this year and would like to be a part of our All Nations Graduation Pow Wow?
The All Nations Graduation Pow Wow is the Indigenous Peoples Centre biggest event of the year. By bringing the community, students, families and the campus together to honour our 2017 graduates we acknowledge their accomplishments and the hard work they have put into their education through our cultural ways. This year the Pow Wow will be held on May 27th, the day after graduation in the Healthy Living Centre.
- Pipe Ceremony: 9:00 am in Ceremony Room
- Registration: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Grand Entry: 1:00 pm
- Potato Dance: 2:00 pm
- Hoop Dancer: 2:30 pm
- Honouring Our Grads: 3:00 pm
- Supper: 5:00 pm
- Métis Entertainment: 6:00–7:00 pm
- 2nd Registration Opens: 6:00 pm
- Musical Chairs: 6:30 pm
- Grand Entry: 7:00 pm
- Spot Dance: 8:00 pm
- Retreat Flags: 9:00 pm
- Specials TBA
- Arts and Crafts Vendors Welcome
- Mètis and Inuit Entertainment
- Hoop Dancer
- Host Drum: Riverside Dakota
What do we need from you?
- Send an email to Julia Stoneman (firstname.lastname@example.org) registering for the Pow Wow
- Attend one graduate meeting to discuss the details
- Show up on the day of to walk with your family in Grand Entry!!
To register as a graduate for the Pow Wow please contact Indigenous Student Success Officer, Julia Stoneman at email@example.com or 204-727-7458
We respect the treaties that were made on these lands and acknowledge that Brandon University is located on Treaty 2 Lands. On behalf of Brandon University, I welcome you to the traditional homelands of the Dakota, Anishanabek, Oji-Cree, Cree and Metis peoples.