Information for Families
Brandon University encourages families to be interested in the university experience. Please note that Brandon University is bound by FIPPA and PHIA Acts to ensure the confidentiality of student records. As a family member, you will not have access to student records.
Resources for Families
Please review these helpful hints written by our professional counsellors:
Register for Family Orientation
In August, your family member will receive information regarding Orientation 2016. Please try to attend the Family Orientation Session on Tuesday, September 6th.
Registering for courses
If your student is starting the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Arts/Education Integrated, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Bachelor of Business Administration, or Bachelor of Physical Education Studies:
- Please register for TREK, our personalized advising program.
If your family member is a pre-Bachelor of Nursing student:
- Please read Pre Nursing Registration Sessions to choose a date to register for courses. If you have any questions, please call Tracey at 204-571-8567 or email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
If your family member is a pre-Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing student (Brandon site):
- Please read TREK Web Letter
If your family member is a pre-Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing student (Winnipeg site):
- Dates for orientation/registration sessions for Pre-Psychiatric Nursing to be held at the Health Studies Winnipeg Campus(lower level of Rice Center) are TBA. Watch for further updates.
- Students accepted at the Winnipeg Campus are not required to attend the onsite BU TREK Sessions in Brandon.
If your family member is a first-year student in the Bachelor of Music program:
- Please call 204-727-7388.
Payment of Tuition
Tuition is due on the first day of each semester. Your family member can pay in person or online. It is recommended to pay at least a week prior to the start of classes. Questions? Call Financial and Registration Services at 204-727-9724.
Apply for Scholarships and Bursaries
Be sure to check out the scholarships and bursaries available for first-year students. Or call Jen. She knows everything. 204-727-9737.