Faculty & Staff Donations

As a current or former Brandon University faculty/staff member, you play an instrumental role in the pride that we all share in our institution.

Previous contributions from Brandon University faculty and staff have assisted us in the restoration of Clark Hall and the original Brandon College Building as well as helping to enhance scholarship and bursary support for our students. Faculty and staff can designate their contributions directly to their department of choice, thus enabling the development of operating funds that will support fundamental programming and teaching essentials.

Gifts are tax-deductible and can be made through a one-time donation, pledge contributions over a period of time, stipend/sessional overload contribution, or payroll deduction.

Payroll Deduction

Click Here to download the payroll Deduction form
Right-click and “save file as…”

Hard copies of Payroll deduction forms are also available. Drop off completed forms at the Advancement and External Relations office. Payroll deduction will appear on your paycheque.

Cash, cheque or credit card

Cash should be accompanied by a pledge card stating the amount of gift and the area of designation on campus. Cash gifts should be made in person to the Advancement and External Relations office.

Cheques should be made payable to the Brandon University Foundation. Area of designation should be identified on an attached University pledge card. Cheques can be mailed, delivered in person or delivered through inter-office mail to the Advancement and External Relations office. Cheques may be post-dated.

Credit Card gifts can be made in person, on the phone, or by fax. Please include your credit card number, date of expiry, name as it appears on the card and an indication of the area of designation for the gift. Gifts may be set up on a payment schedule (monthly, yearly, bi-weekly etc.).

We endeavour to issue tax receipts within one month of your donation.

Tax Receipting for Payroll Deduction

The Payroll Office will automatically send you a letter regarding tax reduction at source for donations of $4,500.00 or more.

The Payroll Office will forward the letter to the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) for consideration. If the request is considered favourably by the CCRA, the Payroll Office will reduce the tax deduction related to your donation. The total amount of your donation will appear on your T4 slip and therefore, you will not receive a tax receipt from the Advancement and External Relations office. Tax deductions at source will not be applied retroactively.

According to CCRA, no charitable tax receipt can be issued for gifts that are of direct benefit to the person (or to family members of the person) who is making the gift.

Overload or Sessional Contract Gifts

Overload or sessional contracts may be donated by completing the payroll deduction form prior to starting the contract. Indicate the course number, title and the term of the contract on the payroll deduction form and return it to the Advancement and External Relations office. If you’ve been paid for the contract you may make the donation by cheque, cash or credit card.