English Language Proficiency Requirement Waiver
Waiver of English Language Proficiency Requirement
“Students may request a waiver of the English language proficiency requirement. Students must provide supporting documents indicating that they have met the requirements of one of the 7 options indicated below:
- Successful completion of a three-year secondary school program in Canada or the United States, or successful completion of an accredited three-year post-secondary program in Canada or the United States, or any combination of three successful years of secondary and post-secondary education in Canada or the United States. Overall post-secondary cumulative GPA must be a minimum of 2.0.
- Graduation from a Manitoba high school with at least one Grade 12 40S English credit with a minimum grade of 70% or better.
- Graduation from a Canadian high school (outside Manitoba) with at least one Grade 12 English credit equivalent to Manitoba 40S with a minimum grade of 70%.
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Higher Level (HL) English course with a score of four or greater.
- Completion of Advanced Placement (AP) English, Literature and Composition or Language and Composition with a score of four or greater.
- Completion of an accredited first undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution.
- Residence in Canada for a minimum of 10 consecutive years. The period of residency will be the time between the “Landed On” date on the Record of Landing document and the first day of classes in the term the applicant intends to register. The Record of Landing Document must be presented to the Admissions Office.
Please refer to the Undergraduate Calendar for more information