RN, BScN, M.S.N.
Office: HSB 123
Donna Epp, the Research Facilitator, is available at a .6 EFT to assist Health Studies researchers.
Her role includes:
- Developing networks between Health Studies researchers, Brandon University faculty, and research centers/institutes external to the University,
- Promoting internal communication with faculty members on matters pertaining to research,
- Communicating with and establishing relationships with funding agencies,
- Seeking out new research funding opportunities,
- Developing relationships/partnerships within the community to promote research that is responsive to the community,
- Providing relevant training to support faculty in applying for grants and in completing research activities,
- Providing process support to faculty in applying for grants and achieving research objectives (e.g. literature searches, assistance in completion of grant forms, assistance with ethics – whether BU ethics or external agency ethics),
- Supporting research faculty in disseminating research ( e.g. assistance with publication, oral or poster presentations),
- Overseeing the operation of the Health Studies Research Unit,
- Hiring and training research assistants,
- Participating in the orientation and mentorship of new faculty, and
- Assisting Health Studies graduate students in their pursuit of scholarly activities.
Research Assistants (RAs)
A minimum of 2 Research Assistants have been hired to assist researchers with tasks such as literature searches, transcription, organizing, filing, correspondence, etc.
To access a Research Assistant a request for RA is sent to the Research Facilitator. The Research Facilitator will then connect the RA with the Researcher.
Annual Health Related Research Grants
Health Studies Research Grant Application – deadline is April 1 annually. A second intake occurs on October 15 if funds are still available.
Brandon University Research Committee Grants – deadline is November 15th. However, when the 15th falls on a weekend, the deadline moves to the following business day.