RN, BScN, M.S.N.
Office: HSB 123
Donna Epp, the Research Facilitator, is available at a .6 EFT to assist Health Studies researchers.
Her role includes:
- Developing networks between Health Studies researchers, Brandon University faculty, and research centers/institutes external to the University,
- Promoting internal communication with faculty members on matters pertaining to research,
- Communicating with and establishing relationships with funding agencies,
- Seeking out new research funding opportunities,
- Developing relationships/partnerships within the community to promote research that is responsive to the community,
- Providing relevant training to support faculty in applying for grants and in completing research activities,
- Providing process support to faculty in applying for grants and achieving research objectives (e.g. literature searches, assistance in completion of grant forms, assistance with ethics – whether BU ethics or external agency ethics),
- Supporting research faculty in disseminating research ( e.g. assistance with publication, oral or poster presentations),
- Overseeing the operation of the Health Studies Research Unit,
- Hiring and training research assistants,
- Participating in the orientation and mentorship of new faculty, and
- Assisting Health Studies graduate students in their pursuit of scholarly activities.
Research Assistants (RAs)
A minimum of 2 Research Assistants have been hired to assist researchers with tasks such as literature searches, transcription, organizing, filing, correspondence, etc.
To access a Research Assistant a request for RA is sent to the Research Facilitator. The Research Facilitator will then connect the RA with the Researcher.
Annual Health Related Research Grants
Faculty of Health Studies Research Grant Application – deadline is May 1 annually. A second intake occurs on October 15 if funds are still available.
Brandon University Research Committee Grants – deadline is November 15th. However, when the 15th falls on a weekend, the deadline moves to the following business day.