R.N., B.Sc.N., M.Sc.N.
2009 – 2014 UNIVERSIT Y OF OTTAWA, Ottawa, Ontario
Degree: Master of Science in Nursing
Awards: 2015 Jean Jenny Excellence Prize in Tertiary Care
2011-2012 Elsevier Health Sciences Book award for outstanding grade in NSG 5220 – Advanced Nursing Practice in Tertiary Health Care
2011-2012 Tau Gamma Pearson Education Book award for demonstrating excellence in the tertiary clinical practice and for attaining a high standing in NSG 5220 – Advanced Nursing Practice in Tertiary Health Care
1994 – 1996 UNIVERSIT Y OF OTTAWA, Ottawa, Ontario
Degree: Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing (Post-RN Program)
Awards: Graduated Suma Cum Laude
1995-1996 Merit Scholarship
1994-1995 University of Ottawa Admissions Scholarship
Dean’s Honour List
2015 Clinical Nurse Specialist Association of Ontario: Clinical Nurse Specialist Student Award
2013 The Ottawa Hospital: Herbert and Corinne Zagerman Nursing Research Scholarship Award
2012 The Ottawa Hospital: Olena and William Kuzyk Endowment for Nursing Advancement
2011 The Ottawa Hospital: Kerry Marshall Nursing Bursary
2011 The Ottawa Hospital: Olena and William Kuzyk Endowment for Nursing Advancement
2011 Zagerman Family Nursing Endowment Fund for Nursing Excellence
2010 The Ottawa Hospital: Gwen Heffernan Bursary
2010 The Ottawa Hospital: Olena and William Kuzyk Endowment for Nursing Advancement
Oliveira, I., Fothergill-Bourbonnais, F., McPherson, C., & Vanderspank-Wright, B. (2016). Battling a tangled web: The lived experience of nurses providing end-of-life care on an acute medical unit. Research and Theory for Nursing Practice, 30(4), 353-378.
Oliveira, I. (2013). Comfort measures: A concept analysis. Research and Theory for Nursing Practice, 27(2), 95-114.
POSTER PRESENTATION: LOCAL AND NATIONAL CONFERENCES
Wooller, K., Hasimja, D., Oliveira, I., and Menard, P. Reducing urinary catheterization on the internal medicine ward. (2014, October 29). The Ottawa Hospital Patient Safety Conference; Fostering a Culture of Safety in Dynamic Environments.
Poster presentation. Ottawa, Canada.
Touchie, D., Oliveira, I., and Giulivi, A. Assisting nursing competency in blood transfusion using an electronic format. (2014, May 1-4). Canadian Society for Transfusion Medicine Conference; Transfusion Medicine at the Crossroads.
Poster presentation. Quebec City, Canada.
Fothergill Bourbonnais, F., Hogan, K.A. and students (H. Allen, G. Ashton, A. Bhattacharjee, S. Boccardi, C. Clermont, C. MacDonald, N. Movshovich, I. Oliveira, S. Selwyn). How hospice palliative care relates to our studies at University of Ottawa. Stories from MScN students and those from other disciplines. (2010, October 28-31). Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Conference; Changing the National Perspective on Hospice Palliative care.
Poster presentation. Ottawa, Canada.
Registered Nurses Association of Ontario
College of Nurses of Ontario
Canadian Association of Medical – Surgical Nurses
Ottawa Medicine Nurses’ Education Group
2006 – Present Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Clinical Nurse Educator Medicine (A5, B5, D5, AMA medical units)
Responsibilities / Achievements
- Plans, organizes and presents orientation to new staff members.
- Supports and evaluates new staff post orientation.
- Provides continuing education to staff in the form of in-servicing.
- Provides bedside teaching and clinical support to staff.
- Development and revision of nursing policies and procedures.
- Participates in the planning and/or implementation of corporate programs/initiatives (i.e. RNAO best practice spotlight organization initiatives, roll out/evaluation of the Interprofessional Model of Care, Process Improvement Project, Studor tactics, Move On project, etc.).
- Assesses, Plans, Implements and Evaluates continuous quality initiatives (i.e. development of the Heparin MAR, improvement of patient flow in the Acute Monitoring Area, safe transfer practices for staff, pressure ulcer prevention, and development of the AMA pre-printed admission/transfer physician order sheet, etc.).
Corporate Policy and Procedure Workgroup
Corporate Forms Approval Committee
Medicine Program Accreditation Committee
Ottawa Medicine Nurses’ Education Group Planning Committee
Acute Monitoring Area Quality Committee