Admission to the BScPN Program
Upon successful completion of the required Pre Psychiatric Nursing courses, students can apply and will be considered for acceptance into the BScPN program. Entry into the program is on a competitive basis. There are generally more applicants to the program than there are available seats. GPA (Grade Point Average) in the Pre Psychiatric Nursing courses will be the primary criterion for admission.
a. Entrance to the Pre-Psychiatric Nursing Year:
- Applications will be accepted from students who meet the Brandon University admission requirements. Although not required, the following High School subjects are highly recommended: English 40, Math 40S, (Pre-Calculus or Applied) and Sciences 40S (Biology or Chemistry preferred).
- Admission information and forms are available from the Brandon University websites, or by contacting the Admissions office at (204) 727-9784. Completed application forms and required documentation should be forwarded to the Admissions office as early as possible.
- Students entering the Pre-Psychiatric Nursing year are required to meet with the Bachelor of Science in Psychiatric Nursing Student Advisor prior to course registration.
b. Entrance to the Bachelor of Science in Psychiatric Nursing (BScPN) program:
- Students must apply to the BScPN program. All students must achieve a minimum grade of C in all Health Studies Psychiatric Nursing (69) courses and a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher in the Pre-Psychiatric Nursing year for admission to the BScPN program.
- The deadline for application to the BScPN program is May 1 of the year of the desired entry to the program. Applications can be obtained from the BScPN Student Advisor.
- Late applications may be considered if a vacancy is available and a letter indicating rationale for late submission is attached.
- Satisfactory completion of a Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check is required. The Psychiatric Nursing Admissions Committee will review positive Records Checks and manage them on an individual basis.
- English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- Enrolment is limited. GPA in the Pre-Psychiatric Nursing courses will be the primary criterion for admission.