Permanent Residency for Faculty

Once appointed to a tenure-track position as a faculty member with a work visa the expectation is that you also apply for your Permanent Residency Status.

To do so, please see the most up to date information here:

My Immigration or Citizenship Application

Although, during the application processing for permanent residency in Canada, an individual may not be required to have a work permit to remain working with Brandon University.

As well, there may be circumstances in which an individual may require a valid work permit while the permanent residency application is in process, for example, to qualify for Manitoba Health. For more information about Manitoba Health requirements, please visit:

Are you Covered?


As each individual application can differ, we recommend contacting the Human Resources office once you are at the stage of applying for your permanent residency.