Mac OS X 10.4
These are the instructions for configuring an eduroam wireless connection while visiting another institution and while working on a Mac OS X 10.4.
Before starting please ensure the institution you are visiting is an eduroam participating institution.
- Open Systems Preferences in the Apple Menu
- Click on the Network preferences panel
- Select the airport connection and click the configure button
- On this screen click the “+” sign to add a new network connection
- Choose eduroam as the network and fill in the fields with your BUusername@brandonu.ca and password.
- Once complete, it will return you to the main network configuration screen.
- Click the TCP;IP tab and click Configure IPv6
- When the IPv6 configuration window opens, select “Off” and click “OK”
- You will then be prompted to verify a certificate, select “Show Certificate”
- In the certificate screen, check the box beside, “Always trust these certificates”. This way you will not be prompted every time you connect to the eduroam wireless system.
- Click Continue
You should now be connected to the eduroam wireless connection.