2020-2021 Student Residence Assistant (RA)
Employee Group: PSAC
Start Date: August 27,2019
Length of Employment: Term 1: August 27, 2020 to December 18, 2020 and Term 2: January 4, 2021 to April 23, 2021
Hours of Work: Flexible hours of work; position includes on-duty shifts, and primarily work in the evenings, and on weekends.
Wage or Salary: $4234.74 paid as a lump sum payment with no hours reported.
Number of Positions Available: 8 Residence Assistant Positions (3 FCH, 2 DH, 4 MCM) *Subject to budget approval*
Department: Residence Halls Programs Office (RHPO), Student Services
Date Issued: January 10, 2020
Deadline for Applications: January 31 2020, by 4:30pm.
RAs fulfill several key functions to support the goals of the RHPO, these include:
- Completing Administrative Functions
- Assisting and Advising Students
- Supporting Building Operations/Ancillary Services
- Assisting with Community Management
- On Duty Requirements
- Residence Programming
- Team Development
- Other duties as assigned
- Full-time Brandon University student in good academic standing; Hold a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the term prior to RA selection; any additional extra-curricular commitments may not exceed 10 hours/week without permission from the Residence Manager
- Residence living experience preferred; previous RA experience would be an asset
- Good study habits, time management skills, organization, goal setting, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including flexibility, and ability to function as part of a team
- Sound understanding of university student experiences and factors that may impact success
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, take initiative and be creative
- Minimum of 4 months of post-secondary studies; previous leadership experience would be an asset
To Apply: Applications are available online via http://tiny.cc/BURAapp2020 and at the residence office located on the main floor of McMaster Hall. Please send your cover letter, resume and the contact information for two references to email@example.com or to the residence office, addressed to Derek Booth. Only those candidates with the strongest applications will be selected for an interview.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. This starts with the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All information received related to an accommodation is kept confidential. To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, this posting is available in an alternate format upon request.