2021-24 Casual/Student Food Services Workers (Athletics/HLC)
Application forms are available on the Brandon University website on Careers@BU.
Applications are to be received by: 4:30pm on Friday, November 12, 2021
Job Vacancy Number: 2021-24
Employee Group: MGEU
Classification: Casual/Student Food Services Worker
Type of Position: Casual (see note below)
Hours of Work: On an as needed basis
Wage or Salary: $15.24 per hour
Start Date: as soon as possible
Probation or Trial Period: 520 hours of service
Date Issued: October 12, 2021
This position is subject to a Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. Work shifts will be scheduled between the hours of 8:30am and 11:00pm.
Brandon University invites applications to work as Food Services Workers at events held in the Healthy Living Centre.
• Provide food and beverages to customers in a timely and clean fashion
• Ensure quality of food and beverage products by maintaining appropriate temperatures and other food handling procedures
• Maintain a clean, approachable work environment
• Provide exceptional customer service to ensure an overall positive fan experience
• Maintain a level of professionalism associated with the Bobcat brand and associated events
• Other related duties as assigned
• Previous experience working with cash, issuing change and balancing a cash register are assets
• Previous experience preparing or serving food an asset
• Serving It Safe Certification is preferred
Completed applications are to be submitted by e-mail directly to:
Sara Grona, Facility Coordinator
Healthy Living Centre
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. This starts with the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during any phase of the evaluation process, please indicate it in your cover letter. All information received related to an accommodation is kept confidential. To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, this posting is available in an alternate format upon request.