Dean, Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts at Brandon University currently offers a wide variety of undergraduate degree programs in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Business, and Fine Arts, and a graduate program in Rural Development. The Faculty is home to 15 Departments and Programs with over 60 faculty and staff.
Brandon University is seeking a visionary leader to guide the Faculty of Arts in the coming years in a collegial, collaborative, and equitable manner. Reporting to the Vice-President (Academic & Provost), you will work closely with the Faculty, the University’s senior administrative team, and the community, building connections and fostering partnerships both internally and externally. You will partner with your fellow academic administrators on interdisciplinary programming and best management practices. Your stewardship of the Faculty includes maintaining and encouraging excellence in teaching, promoting and supporting research/scholarly activities and facilitating academic service. You will maintain positive labour relations and follow sound budgeting practices. You will represent the Faculty of Arts with distinction in all aspects of the role.
The successful candidate:
- must have a Ph.D. (or other terminal degree) in an Arts discipline and be eligible for tenured appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor;
- must demonstrate extensive experience and success in teaching, research and academic service appropriate for point in career;
- must demonstrate leadership success and experience that reflects sound academic relation and human resources practices; and
- must show evidence of commitment to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action as they apply to universities.
The ideal candidate:
- will maintain an established commitment to research while fulfilling administrative responsibilities of the position;
- will show enthusiasm and creativity for promoting the success of diverse and non-traditional students;
- will be an effective communicator and decision-maker who builds trust with integrity and transparency;
- will demonstrate an ability to successfully resolve workplace conflict and have experience in administering collective agreements effectively;
- will have experience in organizational planning and curriculum development;
- will demonstrate experience with welcoming Indigeneity within the academy and with decolonizing curricula;
- will have demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders both internal and external to the University;
Type of Position: Full-time, 5-year renewable term commencing July 1, 2020, or upon the availability of the successful candidate
Salary: Negotiable within applicable range outlined in the BUFA Collective Agreement, commensurate with qualifications and experience at an appropriate professorial rank, plus a decanal Administrative Stipend
To Apply: Please submit your application, including cover letter and CV to:
Dr. Steven Robinson, Vice-President (Academic & Provost)
270 – 18th Street
Brandon MB R7A 6A9
Phone: (204) 727-9712
Deadline for Applications: Friday, September 6, 2019
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com. This posting is available in an alternate format.
Issued: May 16, 2019