Dean, Faculty of Health Studies
The Faculty of Health Studies at Brandon University currently offers three degree programs including Bachelor of Nursing (BN), Bachelor of Science in Psychiatric Nursing (BScPN), and Master of Psychiatric Nursing (MPN) – the first of its kind in North America. The Faculty is home to 2 Departments with 56 faculty and staff supporting more than 900 full- and part-time students, and offers small class-size, personalized attention, and technology enhanced education.
Brandon University is seeking a visionary leader to guide the Faculty of Health Studies in the coming years in a collegial, collaborative, and equitable manner. Reporting to the Vice-President (Academic & Provost), you will work closely with the Faculty, the University’s senior administrative team, and the community, building connections and fostering partnership both internally and externally. You will partner with your fellow deans on interdisciplinary programming and best management practices. Your stewardship of the Faculty includes maintaining and encouraging excellence in teaching, as well as promoting and supporting research/scholarly activities and service. You will maintain positive labour relations and follow sound budgeting practices. You will represent the Faculty of Health Studies with distinction.
The successful candidate:
- shall have a Ph.D. (preferred); a degree in a health-related field is required
- shall demonstrate extensive experience in teaching and research scholarship, within a university context;
- shall demonstrate experience in the health-care environment; and
- shall be a proven leader in a senior leadership role.
The ideal candidate:
- will be a strong and clear communicator who has built trust through integrity, openness and transparency;
- will have demonstrated skills in achieving positive results in conflict resolution and in making difficult decisions;
- will have experience in organization and administrative planning and budgetary process;
- will have demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external to the University;
Type of Position: Full-time, 5-year renewable term commencing August 1, 2019
Salary: Negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience at an appropriate professorial rank, plus a decanal Administrative Stipend
To Apply: Please submit your application, including cover letter and CV to:
Dr. Meir Serfaty, Acting Vice-President (Academic & Provost)
270 – 18th Street
Brandon MB R7A 6A9
Phone: (204) 727-9712
Deadline for Applications: Monday, January 14, 2019 (or until the position has been filled).
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is available in an alternate format.
Issued: November 19 2018