Director, Brandon University Centre for Aboriginal and Rural Education Studies (BUCARES), Professional Associate (Tenure-Track), Faculty of Education
Situated in the Faculty of Education, the Brandon University Centre for Aboriginal and Rural Education Studies (BUCARES) is a research institute of Brandon University. The Centre acts as a hub for collaborative and community-engaged research focused on a range of social and educational issues of importance to Indigenous and rural communities.
Through a wide range of collaborative research and project activities, BUCARES connects faculty from diverse backgrounds and research interests with local school divisions, Indigenous organizations, as well as educational and government agencies. These activities also provide Brandon University graduate students with opportunities to participate as members of faculty-community research teams.
Qualifications and Skills Required: Master’s Degree in Education or a related area; at least five years of experience working in a relevant professional and/or academic environment. Strong leadership, interpersonal, administrative, communication and networking skills.
Experience in some or all of the following areas: developing and maintaining professional networks and relationships with Indigenous and community-based organizations; collaborative and community engaged research; working with research teams and graduate students; knowledge of granting agencies and applications; record of academic publications.
- Provide creative leadership and direction to facilitate day-to-day activies and to coordinate long-range planning within the Centre.
- Maintain effective communication between the Centre and all programs and departments within the Faculy of Education, Faculties/Schools, and other relevant units on campus.
- Network with other universities, school divisions, educational authorities, relevant provincial and federal government ministries, and public sector research, and education policy and development agencies.
- Work with faculty to develop, coordinate and submit funding requests to appropriate external bodies and to maintain budgetary records for the Centre.
- Ensure adequate staff and project personnel to undertake Centre activites. Initiate contracts, as needed, with independent professionals.
- Some teaching and/or thesis supervision.
Rank: PA II/PA III; commensurate with qualifications and experience
Salary Range: PA II ($74,670 – $105,168); PA III ($97,655 – $136,629) as of March 31, 2019
Start date: July 1, 2019
Application deadline: A review of applications will begin March 1, 2019. The position will remain open until filled.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who self-identify as Indigenous. Please direct any questions and submit your letter of application, curriculum vitae, a recent writing sample (for example, a report or peer-reviewed article), and the names and contact information of three referees by email to:
Dr. Heather Duncan
Dean, Faculty of Education
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.
Issued: January 24 2019