Director, Recruitment and Retention (One-Year Term), Student Services
Brandon University seeks a student-focused and dynamic professional to serve as the full-time Director, Recruitment and Retention for a one-year term. Reporting to the Dean of Students, the Director facilitates and supports student-centered recruitment and retention initiatives, provides leadership and guidance to students, develops programs, policies and procedures, and models inclusiveness and collaboration.
Main responsibilities include:
- Supervise Student Success Officers and Student Assistant positions
- Direct the university’s recruitment and retention initiatives
- Develop, implement and maintain the university’s recruitment and retention plan
- Work with schools and community resources to improve recruitment and retention
- Coordinate and expand learning community initiatives
- Provide direct support to faculty-based student advisors
- Coordinate university resources in support of the conversion from application to admission to enrolment
- Develop and implement the University’s orientation programs for first-year students
- Develop, promote, coordinate and evaluate first-year experience initiatives
- Lead marketing and communication that support the transition to university
- Assess current student retention programs and services, and develop new programs to address campus needs
Master’s degree in a related field. Five years working in a post-secondary environment. Experience working in progressive leadership roles in either recruitment, admissions and/or student services would be an asset.
Salary: $86,856 for one year term
Application Deadline: June 15, 2019 or until the position is filled.
Start Date: July 15, 2019
Please submit a curriculum vitae, a detailed résumé, university transcript(s) and the names of three references to:
Dean of Students
Brandon, Manitoba Canada R7A 6A9
Fax: (204) 727-7461
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.
Issued: May 16 2019