Diversity & Human Rights Advisor, Human Resources
Brandon University is committed to achieving a diverse, inclusive and engaged University where students, faculty and staff can reach their full potential in a safe and respectful environment. We are looking for your expertise and support in the areas of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and Human Rights. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, you will be responsible for advancing Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at the University and for management of the Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Policy and Procedures. We offer a generous benefit package, flexible work hours and a competitive salary (commensurate with qualifications and experience). This position will remain open until filled.
- Oversight of processes under the Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Policy and Procedures;
- Receiving complaints under the D & H policy and triaging accordingly. For informal complaints, providing mediation services to support internal resolution. For formal complaints, coordinating respective external investigation services;
- Building institution capacity for the early resolution of conflict;
- Implementation and coordination of activities that promote a diverse and inclusive campus;
- Delivery of education and training programs around EDI, human rights and conflict resolution, and other identified areas of need.
- Collection and interpretation of appropriate qualitative and quantitative data to inform EDI and human rights programming.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A university degree in a related area (advanced degree preferred) and relevant experience;
- A passion for creating a positive climate through ongoing progressive change;
- Sound knowledge of human rights legislation, related case law, equity principles and due process;
- A demonstrated track record in dispute resolution and workplace assessments;
- Strong independent decision making skills;
- The proficiency to develop and deliver engaging training to different audiences;
- A commitment to managing sensitive issues in a confidential and compassionate manner;
- The ability to build trust with diverse individuals (staff, students, management, unions and faculty);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and cultural competency;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities;
- Commitment to continuous personal and professional development;
This is a full-time, regular appointment under the classification of Managers and Professional Officers V (MPO V), with an annual salary range of $77,898 – $98,566.
Applications are accepted by e-mail to Human Resources at HR@brandonu.ca
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check.
The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.