Classification: Student Assistant II
Employee Group: PSAC
Department: Mini University
Wage or Salary: $11.92 per hour
Hours of Work: 4-8 hours/day when teaching, 1-3 hours/week for prep; some evening, some weekend work
Start Date: Varies; beginning October 1 – March 15
Length of Appointment: Varies by assignment
Date Issued: September 19, 2019
Number of Positions Available: Dependent upon funding (4 – 7 spots available)
What is Mini University?
Mini University is a program of Brandon University that works with children and youth grades Pre-K to Grade 8 Mini U runs a full day camp summer program as well as Spring Break, school outreach, and after-school programming.
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans using digital technology appropriate for different age groups at a variety of locations both on and off campus.
- Supervise students while leading activities.
- Some light cleaning and physical duties (moving supplies, equipment, etc.).
- Assist with attendance, and other paperwork relevant to outreach.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Willing to travel within Manitoba and has access to a personal vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed).
- Being enrolled currently as a post-secondary student is preferred but not required.
- Having previous experience teaching and/or working with kids is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of or experience in the subject areas offered by Mini U is a strong asset (subjects like robotics, coding, digital technology in the classroom).
Please apply by submitting your resume, cover letter and availability to email@example.com.
Successful candidates are responsible for submitting the following to Mini University: 1) Child Abuse Registry Check; 2) Criminal Record Check; and normally 3) Valid Emergency-level CPR/First Aid certification (adult/child/infant). All fees paid to obtain said documentation are at the applicant’s expense.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at 204-727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is available in an alternate format.