Instructor (Mini U)
Classification: Student Assistant I
Wage or Salary: $11.19 per hour (currently under review)
Employee Group: PSAC
Department: Mini University
Start Date: Varies; typically June 14, 2017 (training and orientation)
End Date: Varies; typically August 17, 2017, but as late as August 31, 2018
Hours of Work: Between 35 and 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
Date Issued: January 11, 2018
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis, with rolling interviews from January to June. Apply early!
What is Mini University?
Mini University 2018 is a summer day camp program for children and youth grades Pre-K to Grade 8 that runs from July 2 to August 31, 2018. Mini U also runs Spring Break programming from March 26 to 29, 2018.
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans from a variety of courses for different age groups.
- Supervise students to/from and during classes and during lunch.
- Act as a substitute instructor in the event another instructor is unavailable.
- Some light cleaning and physical duties (moving supplies, equipment, etc.).
- Assist with camp registrations, attendance, and other paperwork.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Being enrolled currently as a post-secondary student is preferred but not required.
- Having previous experience teaching and/or working with kids is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of or experience in the subject areas offered by Mini U is a strong asset (subjects like robotics, guitar, martial arts, computer science, fine arts, archaeology, physical education, et cetera).
Successful candidates are responsible for completing and submitting the following to Mini University: 1) Child Abuse Registry Check; 2) Criminal Record Check; and, 3) Valid Emergency-level CPR/First Aid certification (adult/child/infant). All fees paid to obtain said documentation are at the applicant’s expense.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at 204-727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is available in an alternate format.