Jazz and Contemporary Popular Music Assistant, School of Music
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on July 31, 2018 or until position is filled.
Classification: Student Assistant IV
Employee Group: PSAC
Wage: $15.48 per hour
Department: School of Music
Start Date: September 3 2018
Date Issued: July 16, 2018
Hours of Work: 6-7 hours per week
Number of Positions Available: 1
- Maintain contact with supervising professor weekly.
- Assist with grading of assignments.
- Assist with assessing student work including written and playing assignments
- Provide assistance to students outside of class
- Assist with class organization and preparation
- Other related duties as assigned.
- School of Music graduate student preferred.
- Ideally have strong jazz improvisation background at the undergraduate level.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working independently and making independent judgements.
- Basic math skills.
Please forward resume to: Heather Beesley, Brandon University, 270 18th Street, Brandon, MB R7A 6A9
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.