Jazz Ensemble Assistant, School of Music
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on July 31, 2018 or until position is filled.
Classification: Student Assistant IV
Employee Group: PSAC
Wage: $15.48 per hour
Department: School of Music
Start Date: September 3 2018
Date Issued: July 16, 2018
Hours of Work: 6-7 hours per week
Number of Positions Available: 1
- Assist director with selection and distribution of repertoire for the ensemble.
- Maintain weekly contact with supervising professor.
- Assist in the organization and supervision of sectional rehearsals outside of regular rehearsal times.
- Grade a variety of short assignments, including listening assignments.
- Collect sheet music from students at end of year, catalogue inventory of parts, return to Large Ensemble Library.
- With professor supervision, direct ensemble in rehearsal of 2-3 pieces selected in consultation with director.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- School of Music graduate student preferred.
- Ideally have jazz improvisation, jazz pedagogy, and participated in large jazz ensemble at the undergraduate level.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Comfortable working independently
Please forward resume to: Heather Beesley, Brandon University, 270 18th Street, Brandon, MB R7A 6A9
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.