One-Year Term Position, Instructional Associate, Department of Psychology
Applications are invited for a one–year half-time term Instructional Associate in the Department of Psychology, effective August 1, 2020, or as mutually agreed. The successful candidate will work to support first year psychology students. Responsibilities include:
1) Course Instruction (6 credit hours)
- One section of 82.160 Introduction to Psychology: Part I and one section of 82.161 Introduction to Psychology: Part II.
2) Course support, including:
- Developing and maintaining course pages for learning assistance and quiz completion for 82:160 and 82:161 through online learning management systems (e.g. Moodle);
- Provide students with information on class resources and enrollment keys for electronic support services;
- Preparing and administering test and exam reviews for 82:160 and 82:161 in consultation with the course instructors, and in other courses as determined by the Department in consultation with the incumbent;
- Scheduling review sessions for 82:160 and 82:161, and in other courses as determined by the Department in consultation with the incumbent;
- Administering quizzes for 82:160 and 82:161 through on-line learning management systems (e.g. Moodle), including preparing quiz items, setting the open and closed time frames for each course section; and maintaining class records;
- Proctoring exams and tests for psychology courses as determined by the Department.
3) Prepare and provide training to psychology students in APA style for second, third, and fourth year courses
4) Post and keep regular office hours for one-on-one student interactions or group sessions as approved by the Department.
5) Other appropriate related duties as may be assigned by the Department through consultation with the incumbent.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in Psychology, experience in university level instruction, and demonstrated skill in effective interaction with students required; knowledge and experience with APA style and with Instructional Management Systems (e.g., Moodle, D2L) would be assets
Rank: Instructional Associate, salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application deadline: April 10, 2020, or until position is filled
To be considered applications should be sent via email in a single pdf file of reasonable size and MUST include a cover letter outlining how their qualifications and experience fit the position; a current resume; copies of transcript(s); indication of citizenship or Canadian immigration status; and the names and contact information of three referees to: Dr. Bernadette Ardelli, Dean of Science, Brandon University; e-mail: email@example.com
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. This starts with the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during any phase of the evaluation process, please indicate it in your cover letter. All information received related to an accommodation is kept confidential. To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, this posting is available in an alternate format upon request.
DATE ISSUED: FEBRUARY 6, 2020