Peer Wellness Educator Volunteer Coordinator
Classification: Student Assistant III
Employee Group: – PSAC
Job Title: Peer Wellness Educator Volunteer Coordinator
Department: Student Services
Wage: $12.85 per hour
Hours of work: – approximately 10 hours per week
Start date: August 26, 2019
Length of appointment: – Aug. 26 to Apr. 1, 2020
Date job posting issued: March 18, 2019
Application deadline: 4:30 pm, May 3, 2019
- Assist in recruiting, screening, training, and supervising of Peer Wellness Educator Volunteers.
- Plan and promote thematic outreach programs and events to provide education to students on various wellness related topics.
- Liaise with Personal Counsellors in Student Services and other key internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to: BUSU, Residence Assistants, and various externally based community organizations.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Personal Counsellors in Students Services.
- Develop the necessary communication materials for program development and execution.
- Manage social media accounts.
- and other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA and a minimum of 24 credit hours completed at Brandon University
- Experience with event planning and promotion
- Volunteer coordination and marketing experience
- Knowledge of campus and community resources
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Respect for and enthusiasm about serving a diverse population
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues related to wellness
Please forward all applications to:
Marsha Harris – Personal Counsellor
Rm 105 A.E. McKenzie Building