Refrigeration Mechanic, Physical Plant, Vacancy #2019-36
Application forms are available on the Brandon University website on Careers@BU or in the hall outside the Human Resources Office, 337 Clark Hall, 270-18th Street, Brandon, MB, R7A 6A9. Completed applications are accepted in-person, by mail, by fax to (204) 726-1957, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Applications are being accepted until 4:30pm on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 *AMENDED*
Employee Group: IUOE (A)
Classification: Refrigeration Mechanic
Type of Position: Full-Time, Regular
Wage: $36.56 per hour
Probation/Trial Period: Three months’ service
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Maintain, install and repair all HVAC related systems and equipment.
- Journeyman Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic License as recognized by the Manitoba Department of Labour.
- Experience installing, commissioning and maintaining commercial/industrial HVAC systems.
- “B” Gasfitters License as recognized by Province of Manitoba Department of Labour.
- Possess or able to obtain 5th Class Power Engineers certificate as recognized by the Province of Manitoba Department of Labour.
- “A” Gasfitters License as recognized by Province of Manitoba Department of Labour.
*NOTE* This position is subject to a Child Abuse Registry Check and a Criminal Records Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. This starts with the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during any phase of the evaluations process, please contact email@example.com. All information received related to an accommodation is kept confidential. To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, this posting is available in an alternate format upon request.