Refrigeration Mechanic, Physical Plant, Vacancy #2019-36
Application forms are available on the Brandon University website on Careers@BU or in the hall outside the Human Resources Office, 337 Clark Hall, 270-18th Street, Brandon, MB, R7A 6A9. Completed applications are accepted in-person, by mail, by fax to (204) 726-1957, or by e-mail to email@example.com. Office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Applications are being accepted until 4:30pm on Friday, November 1, 2019 *AMENDED*
Employee Group: IUOE (A)
Classification: Refrigeration Mechanic
Type of Position: Full-Time, Regular
Wage: $36.56 per hour
Probation/Trial Period: Three months’ service
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Maintain, install and repair all HVAC related systems and equipment including but not limited to: chillers, cooling towers and condensers, air handling systems, rooftop heating/cooling units closed circuit water to water or water to glycol heat pump systems, and their pneumatic and electrical components;
- Maintain, install and service HVAC related components including but not limited to compressors, dual duct airflow systems, face and bypass air flow systems, supply and exhaust fans, pumps, motors, electronics, controlled environment chambers and autoclaves, kitchen, canteen and Cafeteria equipment including refrigeration equipment;
- Perform maintenance, installation and repair of various types of Brandon University mechanical equipment and machinery including but not limited to pumps, fans, controls, motors, various types of compressors, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, grounds equipment, etc;
- Perform and/or assist with duties related to DDC systems and Variable Frequency Drives; and
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Journeyman Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic License as recognized by the Manitoba Department of Labour.
- Possess MOPIA Certificate (Manitoba Ozone Protection Industry Association)
- 5 years’ experience installing, commissioning and maintaining commercial/industrial HVAC systems and Building Automation Controls Systems.
- Limited Refrigeration Electrician’s License.
- “B” Gasfitters License as recognized by Province of Manitoba Department of Labour.
- Possess or able to obtain 5th Class Power Engineers certificate as recognized by the Province of Manitoba Department of Labour.
- “A” Gasfitters License as recognized by Province of Manitoba Department of Labour.
*NOTE* This position is subject to a Child Abuse Registry Check and a Criminal Records Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is available in an alternate format upon request.